Passengers registering for the tour accept the responsibility for being in good health and able to walk and travel on the tour. Because many of the sites are not accessible to the physically challenged and space limitations on tour buses, wheelchairs and scooters cannot be accommodated. Those needing oxygen or other ambulatory assistance will find the tour extremely limiting in their experiences. Persons using C-pap machines requiring distilled water will need to inform us ahead of time, so we can work with local operators to prepare as it is not always available. NTS reserves the right to refuse or revoke travel to anyone who is, in the sole judgment of NTS, incapable of group travel without causing undue demands upon the staff or other tour participants. Accessible rooms/cabins are limited and subject to confirmation after receiving the passenger’s written request. If you have questions, please contact NTS for more details.
- Other countries, particularly in the Middle East, are sometimes behind the U.S in providing equal access for the handicapped and less mobile.
- The hotels, while modern, often have several levels connected by steps and the elevators are sometimes too small for wheelchairs.
- The doors to the hotel restrooms are usually too narrow for wheelchairs. Public restrooms along the way may also present difficulties.
- The sightseeing buses are not equipped with lifts, but folding wheelchairs can be checked by the airline and stored under the bus.
- Throughout the sightseeing program, there may be rough, unpaved terrain, cobblestone streets, narrow stairs, and sharp inclines. This could possibly hinder physically challenged passengers from participating in some of the sites.
- Well-meaning, untrained bystanders often volunteer to help which could cause mishaps or injury.
PLEASE NOTE: Persons with disabilities must have a traveling assistant who is fully responsible for the person if the disability prevents them from being independent.
We ask that you please discuss the information listed above with your family and tour leader. We feel that it is important to take these matters seriously, for the comfort and well-being of all involved.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter. We trust that you will understand why we feel it is necessary to address this issue before your departure.